An assessment spreadsheet is meant to be shared with current maintainers in order to collaboratively make an assessment of the codebase.
- To create a new assessment spreadsheet, start by making a copy of the template. Keep the new file in the same folder as the template.
- Rename the new file by switching “copy of TEMPLATE” for the name of the codebase that will be assessed.
- Share the file with existing maintainers of the codebase to do the assessment collaboratively.
- Import the values for the answers from the new spreadsheet into a new column in the codebase tracker spreadsheet (not publicly available), on the tab DASHBOARD.
- Use the function IMPORTRANGE to link in the answers.
- Since IMPORTRANGE cannot be drag-copy-cell number increased in Google Sheets, it can save time to use concatenate in Libre Office.
- Note that for the section Dimensions it is the second column (D) that should be imported.
Libre Office example
This Libre Office example can be drag-copy-cell number increased and pasted into the dashboard. Just swap out the URL with the one for the newly created spreadsheet. Remember to change the third column to D from row 27.