Membership of the Foundation for Public Code includes an onboarding support ‘starting pack’ to help members get started and prepare for their first General Assembly.
This onboarding includes us providing members with trainings, workshops and a helpdesk on:
- open source policy
- procurement of open source
- what the Standard for Public Code can mean for members, both in internal development and procurement
- general awareness on what open source is, what codebase stewardship is, and how this can benefit members
- value proposition mapping and business case development for members
And supporting members with their codebases on:
- assessment of codebases for codebase stewardship
- quality of codebases - understanding how to make them more modular and reusable
- community for codebases - understanding how to collaborate better and more openly with other organizations
- product packaging of codebases - understanding how to better market and promote codebases
- support of codebases - understanding how to improve collaboration with the market
Please note that as an association, we allocate our resources across members. Our support for members is subject to availability.
Template for the member onboarding proposal
Use the member onboarding proposal template to send proposals to public organizations that are exploring joining the Foundation for Public Code as a member.