We’ve decided to change how we work to better support people working remotely. We’ll test this while Ben Cerveny is in California from December 2019 to February 2020.
- Always CC the relevant group email. Our groups are: stewards, membership, events, giving, invoices, hr, security, Amsterdam-office and everyone (includes everyone with an @publiccode.net email account).
- We’ll use Odoo Discuss instead of Gchat for office conversation. The channels should make it easier for someone in a different time zone to catch up with relevant conversations.
- We’re going to try to work Odoo-first for our secret work, so that we all have access and contribute to the same structured information.
- We’ll try moving standup to a time that everyone can make. If this doesn’t work, we’ll try an asynchronous written standup and recording our Amsterdam stand up.
- We’re moving our weekly tactics meeting to allow Ben to join us from California.
- To best support people away from the Amsterdam office for important meetings or events, we’ll:
- map out what they’ll need at the meeting or event,
- make sure people in Amsterdam and abroad start working together early enough so we’re prepared for the meeting (including contingency),
- schedule a retro after each important meeting or event so we can improve the planning and remote collaboration.