Mission & founding principles
To enable public-purpose software and policy that is open and collaborative.
- We are a non-profit and non-partisan organization.
- We publish under licenses approved by the Open Source Initiative or Creative Commons licenses that do not limit commercial reuse.
- We are controlled by our members, who are wholly publicly controlled organizations*.
- We strive to keep our membership as accessible as possible to potential members, regardless of size or location.
- We are committed to working with other organizations (commercial or non-profit) to achieve our mission.
- We prioritize long term sustainability and growth for the benefit of our members
- Our work is open by default and welcomes contributions.
*) In order to start as an association three initial individual founders will play the role of member until there are enough public members for the organization to sustain itself.