To enable public-purpose software and policy that is open and collaborative.
- We are a non-profit and non-partisan organization.
- We publish under licenses approved by the Open Source Initiative or Creative Commons licenses that do not limit commercial reuse.
- We are committed to working with other organizations (commercial or non-profit) to achieve our mission.
- Our work is open by default and welcomes contributions.
- We prioritize long term sustainability for the benefit of the communities we work with.
The founding principles were adopted by the board of directors on 23 August 2019.
The current priorities of the organization are set by the board of directors and reviewed every meeting.
The priorities are:
- Organizational restructuring: enable and set up chapter organizations
- Codebases: international collaboration
- Funding: secure funding for the next years
- Partnerships: collaborate with more organizations