To enable public-purpose software and policy that is open and collaborative.
- We are a non-profit and non-partisan organization.
- We publish under licenses approved by the Open Source Initiative or Creative Commons licenses that do not limit commercial reuse.
- We are controlled by our members, who are wholly publicly controlled organizations.*
- We strive to keep our membership as accessible as possible to potential members, regardless of size or location.
- We are committed to working with other organizations (commercial or non-profit) to achieve our mission.
- We prioritize long term sustainability and growth for the benefit of our members
- Our work is open by default and welcomes contributions.
* In order to start as an association 4 initial individual founders will play the role of member until there are enough public members for the organization to sustain itself.
- Enable an ecosystem of Public Code software products, developed by and for public administrations to solve real problems for citizens
- Build a collaborative community of developers and cities, which continuously improves and maintains Public Code products
- Provide a certification system for software as meeting the standard set by the Foundation For Public Code
- Build a trusted brand and an awareness of the value of Public Code