Codebase Steward, Product Marketing
The Foundation For Public Code helps public organizations – such as governments and cities – collaborate on solving their problems by developing Open Source solutions which when reused will become better quality, more cost effective, more resilient and attract more contributors.
In order to get larger uptake for these Codebases – that often compete with closed source software products – policy makers, management and developers in public organizations need to get to know the Codebases and how to use them to solve their problems.
As a Codebase Steward, Product Marketing for Codebases in our Stewardship you:
- make the Codebase into a product
- provide branding for Codebases that they stand out from other – often proprietary – solutions
- build the communications channels necessary for getting the word out
- work to build a market for the Codebase and the solution it provides
- help others sell the Codebase to their management, coworkers or clients
- create a buzz around the Codebase
- partake in the community
This is a full time role in our main offices in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Relocation possible. Compensation is competitive as well as in line with the public mission of the organization.