We use Mattermost, hosted at chat.publiccode.net, for informal chat purposes.
Mattermost lets us create multiple teams with different members. We only have 1 team right now: our staff team.
Discussions on chat.publiccode.net are:
Send an email for all non-optional interactions.
We have channels that reflect our work, plus some crosscutting topics.
Feel free to create new channels as you discover you need them.
When creating a new channel for an activity documented on About, please standardize the label between chat.publiccode.net and about.publiccode.net - what we talk about is the most honest reflection of what we’re actually doing.
Take these steps to join the staff team.
- The operations coordinator will send you an invitation.
- Set up your account. Please use the same name from as your email address as your username so it’s easy to see who’s who. Also, please upload an avatar (👹) and fill in your full name.
- Join relevant channels!
- Add integrations.
We encourage you to
/github connect. You may also want to add
/github settings notifications offand
/github settings reminders offif you don’t want Mattermost to send you emails about Github issues or pull requests you’re subscribed to.
- Say hi 👋👋.
It’s easy to delete information from chat.publiccode.net, but it’s even better to not have to. As a reminder, this personal information is protected by GDPR and shouldn’t be shared on chat.publiccode.net:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- trade union membership
- processing of genetic data
- biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
- sex life or sexual orientation