These are all the activities, documents and templates for Communication.
- Communication principles
- Using chat.publiccode.net
- Community discussions
- Instructions on how to run a community call
- Pitching the Foundation for Public Code
- Phone numbers
- Mailing lists
Community calls are a way to get direct input from the community on topics that in any way are of concern to them. We do them on a bi-weekly schedule for regularity and they are open for anyone to join.
Using and managing phone numbers
Phone numbers and lines are managed in our VOIP supplier Voys’ online management tool. It contains the following and more:
- ‘Dial plans’: What number is routed where and what happens then
- ‘Users’: Who can log in
- ‘VoIP accounts’: Basically lines we can assign
- ‘Voicemails’: Voice mail boxes
In order to clearly convey who is communicating, this template for email signature could be used. It has no styling in order to make it more probable that email clients and mailing lists will handle the signature gracefully.
Name, Role Email | Phone | Twitter Foundation for Public Code https://publiccode.net
Boris van Hoytema, Chief Executive and secretary firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 20 2 444 555 | @bvhme Foundation for Public Code https://publiccode.net