This index contains a set of resources to help explain codebase stewardship.
How best to explain codebase stewardship depends on:
- the person explaining
- the background, experiences and knowledge of the audience
The explanation should be adapted to the flow of the conversation. It is always helpful to understand the value proposition for and pain points of the audience.
Explaining the mechanics of codebase stewardship
The resources below are set up to be components that the explainer can draw from in any order or way they find useful.
Introduction: collaborative software development
- Software as components
- Components can be shared
- Codebases can be shared
- Collaboration on codebases and components at scale
- Codebase stewardship: community
- Codebase stewardship: quality
- Codebase stewardship: support
- Codebase stewardship: product
- Codebase stewardship at the Foundation for Public Code
Examples of what codebase stewardship includes
These examples help illustrate the mechanics listed above.