Preparing a release
Start by creating an issue in the Standard for Public Code repository. The issue can include a target release date that we’re aiming for and the new version number. Also include the reason for the release for context. As we’re still below version 1.0, we’re free to release early and often.
Creating the release
Follow the instructions in the documentation.
After the release
- Announce the release on our mailing list.
- If needed, update the roadmap.
- Tell the codebase communities using the standard that there is a new release and update their assessments with the new review template.
- Post on social media.
- Include it in the next newsletter.
- Bring up as news in the next community call.
- Send new printed standards to firesouls.
- Offer to mail a printed copy to each new contributor.
- Give guidance on how to update the community translations of the standard by sending a link with the comparison of the latest tag and the tag of the current translation.
- Update the Community implementation guide. The patch for the assessment update might be useful.