1Password is a password manager developed by AgileBits Inc. It provides a place for users to store various passwords, software licenses, and other sensitive information in a virtual vault that is locked with a PBKDF2-guarded master password.
- 1Password can be reached on ‘publiccodenet.1password.com’.
- To ensure security and consistency, each employee has to use 1Password.
- If log-in credentials needs to be shared, it has to be done within 1Password using the “send a copy” option. It’s not allowed to share passwords in plaintext (email).
- A strong Master Password needs to be set to open the vault.
- There is also a Secret Key which is created locally on the user’s device. It’s combined with the Master Password to authenticate the user with the 1Password server and to encrypt your 1Password data.
- 1Password has extensive documentation.
All team members receive an account from the operations coordinator during onboarding. The operations coordinator and chief executive have administrative access to 1Password. They can start recovery processes in case an employee loses access to 1Password, as well as set up vaults for sharing and assign access rights to existing vaults.
Privacy and GDPR
“We do not collect or obtain data from third parties. We collect some data from you, in order to provide you with our 1Password products and associated services. You provide some data directly, such as when you create a 1Password account, when you register for a 1Password event or a webinar, or contact us for support. Such data is limited to your email address only. We get some limited data from your use of the 1Password products and services. Such data includes your IP address, and the make and model of your device through which you access or use 1Password products or services.”