The Foundation strongly supports individuals’ right to privacy. For this reason we don’t track individual users on any of our websites but count traffic for analytics.
We keep contact details for:
- people who have signed up to get our news
- people who participate in our codebase communities (for example by joining mailing lists)
- people and organizations we work with
- staff and interns
The bases for processing this information are respectively consent, legitimate interest and to fulfill a contract.
What personal information we collect from you
For people who have signed up to get our news, we collect:
- email address
- job title if provided
- organization if provided
For people we work with, we collect:
- contact details: email address, physical address or phone number
- job title if applicable
- organization name if applicable
For job applicants, staff and interns, we collect:
- job title
- date of birth
- contact details: email address, physical address and phone number
We may also collect:
- bank details to pay salaries
- information to manage absence
- nationality and visa status
- emergency contact details
What we do with your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- send information about our news and events (if you’ve signed up to our mailing list)
- work directly with people to carry out the work of the Foundation (if you work with the Foundation)
- efficiently, predictably and lawfully recruit, manage and support staff (if you work for the Foundation)
Who we share your personal information with
We don’t share your personal information with third parties or sell it.
Because your personal information is stored on our IT systems, it’s shared with our data processors who provide us with email, document management and storage services.
While your personal data is stored on our systems and shared with our data processors, it may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Union. Where this is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through the use of model contract clauses or binding corporate rules.
Read more about the tools we use to process your data and their GDPR compliance.
How long we keep your personal information
People can always unsubscribe from our mailing list.
As a contact for a piece of work, we may contact you where a work matter requires your input. We’ll keep your contact information for at least 5 years. If we learn that you’ve left the role, we’ll update or delete the information we hold about you promptly.
We keep staff data for as long as is required by Dutch law (but no longer than 10 years).
Changes to this information
See all versions of this page.
You have the right to:
- know what personal information we have about you
- get a copy of the personal information we have about you in a machine readable format (only for people on our mailing list and people who have a contract with the Foundation)
- tell us if something’s wrong so we can correct it
- ask us to stop processing your personal information under certain circumstances (known as ‘the right to object to processing’)
- have your personal information deleted
If you have a question or concern, please contact us. We hope we can resolve it for you - we’ll do this within a month.
If we can’t resolve your question, you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.