The staff of the Foundation for Public Code Vereniging are employees that execute the work agreed on by the general assembly under direction of the board of directors.
Meet our team or come work with us.
As we are a community leadership organization that mostly helps others, we aim for minimal hierarchy and overhead and maximal autonomy for the specialists who further our mission.
The staff consists of a manager, a coordination team and specialists.
Some roles in our organization are fulfilled by contractors. For transparency, these are mentioned with the legal entity they bill through.
- main spokesperson for the organization
- represents the organization in order to raise funds, grow membership and grow awareness of our work.
- President: Ben Cerveny (contractor Multiple Ventures BV) who also serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Coordinator codebase stewardship: Claus Mullie
- Codebase stewards:
- Jan Ainali
- Alba Roza
- Lead: Eric Herman
- Felix Faassen
- Documentation, internal communication and organizational culture
- Marketing, and external inbound and outbound communication
- Member communications and events
- Coordinator communications: Elena Findley-de Regt
- Designer: Ryan Conlan (contractor Angelplasma)
- Illustrator: Floris Deerenberg (contractor A Studio Called Quest)
- Coordinator member development: Claus Mullie
- Staff management
- Procurement, office management and contract management
- Finances, budget and resource management
- Infrastructure and tools
- Coordinator operations: Deborah Meibergen
- executing the work approved by the general assembly and board of directors
- managing staff and taking their reports
- Chief executive: Boris van Hoytema who also serves as Secretary of the Board of Directors
The coordination team consists of the chief executive and all coordinators.
A lead is a specialist that provides leadership and direction to others within their specialism as well as:
- works to grow and develop the organization’s abilities
- acts as the public advocate on behalf of everyone in that specialism
- supports recruitment and hiring in their specialism
A coordinator makes sure that the domain in the organization can accomplish its goals.
They do this by:
- coordinating the activities of specialists in their domain
- supporting them in their work
- managing external contractors and assets
- fulfilling the role themselves
A chief is a manager with signing power granted by the board of directors.